Congratulations to the following students for making the SCDBA District Honors Bands. Please email Mr. Rogers immediately to receive an information packet.
Jane Negus - Flute 1 (qualifies for State audition)
Gracie Goldberg - Flute 12
Kiki Quinn - Clarinet 8
Maggie Boyd - Clarinet 11
Friday, January 06, 2017
Tuesday, January 03, 2017
- Students auditioning for District Honors Band need to meet at South Point High School in Belmont, NC at 8:15am in the gym on Saturday, January 7th.
- Results from District Auditions will be posted on this blog on Sunday evening (January 8th).
- 7th Grade students participating in the WABI Concert on January 23-24 need to refer to their schedule on the permission slip for details.
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 1:52 PM
Saturday, December 03, 2016
- 6th and 7th grade concert - 6th grade report time is 6:40p. 7th grade report time is 6:50p. Concert will begin at 7p and end just before 8p.
- 8th grade and WHS concert - 8th grade is invited to the potluck dinner in the WHS cafeteria one hour before the concert. Please bring a food item that does not contain nut products.
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 10:49 AM
Monday, October 31, 2016
- Please double check your calendars to include performance dates for the fall and spring concerts listed in the upper right hand corner of this website.
- Concert dress for all grade levels is ALL black dress clothes. for a detailed description of professional concert attire please refer to the "Concert Dress" tab on the menu.
- LOW BRASS STUDENTS (7th/8th Grade) - if you are interested in participating in Tuba Christmas (open to trombones, euphoniums, and tubas) on December 10th in Concord, NC you need to register HERE
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 2:14 PM
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
- All fundraising money and unsold GPS books must be turned in by October 3rd.
- 7th and 8th Grade Students interested in auditioning for District Honors Band must turn in their $10 registration fee by October 31st.
- 7th grade students attending the CSO concert on March 17th need to have their $20 ticket money turned in by October 31st
- Ukulele Club members need to have their ukulele by the first Club Day.
- 8th Grade Students will be performing at the WHS varsity football game on October 28th. Handouts with full information went home with 8th grade students.
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 10:18 AM
Thursday, September 01, 2016
- The Weddington Middle School Band's one and only fundraiser will run from September 16th until October 3rd. This fundraiser is crucial as it is the only source of funding for the band program other than simple donations. All students are asked to participate to ensure the success of the fundraiser. GoPlaySave representatives will launch the coupon book sale on September 23rd during our classes.
- 7th and 8th grade students wishing to join the Ukulele Club need to have their ukulele by the first club day in October.
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 12:50 PM