The annual Tuba Christmas takes place this Saturday the 9th. Tubas, Euphoniums, and Trombones are invited to participate. Information can be found HERE
Wednesday, November 08, 2017
Calling all trombone players!!!!!! Middle and High School – College and Professionals!!!
Trombone Christmas Registration
Saturday, DECEMBER 2
REH 10am – 12pm 1st Baptist Matthews
CONCERT 2 PM Charlotte Medical Center, Main
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 7:34 PM
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Please take note of our December Concert dates posted in the top right hand corner of this blog. Report time for students is 20 minutes before concert time.
- Dress code for all concerts is ALL BLACK. Full descriptions can be found under the CONCERT DRESS tab.
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 7:16 PM
Monday, October 02, 2017
- Thank you to everyone who participated in our annual GPS Coupon Book Fundraiser. Our financial goals were met and no other fundraisers will be needed this school year to fund the band program. Prizes for students will be distributed as soon as all remaining unsold books are collected.
- Any 7th or 8th grade student who wishes to audition for the All-District Honors Band in January needs to turn in their $10 registration by October 31st.
- 8th Grade Band Night at the Weddington High School Football Game is on Friday, October 13th. Mrs. Brooks will be giving information to 8th grade band students soon.
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 7:42 PM
Tuesday, September 05, 2017
Friday, September 01, 2017
The WMS Band program will have its one and only fundraiser this month beginning on September 11th-12th and ending September 25th-26th. This fundraiser is CRUCIAL since the NC General Assembly has discontinued funding for concert band programs. Each student is asked to be responsible for selling FOUR GoPlaySave coupon books. Each book sells for $30 and contains hundreds of coupons for the Weddington and surrounding area. All profits go directly to the WMS Band program for the purchasing of music, equipment, supplies, school owned instruments, and guest artist instruction. Donations are also accepted should parents wish their student to not participate in the coupon book fundraiser.
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 8:47 PM