- Its concert month! Please pay close attention to the dates, times, and locations of the various concerts this month (listed to the right). Refer to the Concert Dress tab to make sure students wear correct concert attire.
- NOTE Concert time for the 6th and 7th grade concert has changed to 7:30p. This is to avoid conflicting with the WES Choral concert which is at 7p in the same location.
- For the 6th/7th Grade Concert: Sixth Grade report time is 7:15p. 7th Grade report time is 7:20p
- For the 8th Grade/WHS Concert, the optional potluck dinner begins at 6p. All 8th grade students need to be on stage at 6:30p whether they attended the dinner or not.
Sunday, December 01, 2013
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 12:21 PM
Thursday, October 31, 2013
- Please refer to the Concert Dress tab on this website to review what students should be wearing for concerts. Concert dress is ALL BLACK. Please be prepared for the concert in December.
- Students should be turning in practice records on a regular basis (every three weeks). Each record is color coded and labeled with the correct dates. Students must be responsible for having each one signed by a parent and turned in on time. Extra practice records are available in the band room and also can be printed off this website.
- Students attending Chamber Day on November 16th should be at CATA between 8:30a-8:45a to register. Parents should attend the concert at 3pm and take their students home after the concert is concluded (around 4pm).
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 2:48 PM
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
- All money collected from the coupon book fundraiser as well as any unsold books must be turned in on Monday, September 30th.
- Any 7th or 8th Grade Band student that wishes to audition for the All-District Honors Band in January must turn in their $10 registration fee before October 31st (cash or check to WMS Band).
- Any 7th or 8th Grade Band student who wishes to participate in Middle School Chamber Day on November 16th at Central Academy needs to turn in their $5 registration by October 31st.
- 8th Grade Band students will be performing with the high school marching band on Friday, October 18th at the home football game. Students will receive a handout with details.
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 2:30 PM
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
- The WMS Band's ONE AND ONLY fundraiser for the year will run from September 20th to the 30th. This fundraiser is CRUCIAL since the NC General Assembly has slashed the education budget severely. Each student is asked to be responsible for selling FOUR GoPlaySave coupon books. Each book sells for $30 and contains hundreds of coupons for the Weddington and surrounding area. All profits go directly to the WMS Band program for the purchasing of music, equipment, supplies, school owned instruments, and guest artist instruction. Donations are also accepted should parents wish their student to not participate in the coupon book fundraiser.
- Practice records begin for 6th grade students on September 9th. Students record their practice time at home and turn in a signed record every three weeks. Practice records are available in the band room and can also be downloaded on this website (link is on the right under "WMS Band Documents").
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 8:00 PM
Friday, August 02, 2013
- Welcome to the 2013-2014 School Year at Weddington Middle School. Please make sure you bookmark this website and check it on a regular basis as most announcements will be made here.
- Please refer to the SUPPLY LIST for information on what to have for the school year.
- Instruments for 6th graders will not be handed out for the first two weeks to allow everyone to learn basic music theory and proper care of instruments before playing instruction begins.
- 7th and 8th Graders should bring their instruments on the THIRD day of school. They will need their folders on the SECOND day of school.
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 12:37 PM
Friday, April 12, 2013
I have attached the medical/permission form for next year's marching band members. Our membership meeting is next Tuesday, May 7 at 6:30 in the high school band room. You can print the form and bring it filled out, or you can complete it at the meeting. Please also bring 2 copies (front and back) or your insurance card, as well as the $50 deposit. Remember this meeting is mandatory for all marchers (new and returning) and you need to contact me ASAP if you have a conflict.
2013 Permission Form
2013 Permission Form
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 10:30 AM