- FUNDRAISING - All fundraising coupon books and money are due October 1st.
- CHAMBER DAY - Students attending Middle School Chamber Day on November 22nd MUST have their $5 registration in by October 31st.
- DISTRICT HONORS BAND AUDITIONS - Students auditioning for the District Honors Band on January 10th MUST have their $10 registration in by October 31st.
- LOGOWARE - Students interested in purchasing Weddington Band logo ware may do so online at THIS LINK This is not a fundraiser for the WMS Band, it is simply an option to purchase logo ware from the logo company if you wish. The store will only be open until October 15th. No other orders will be taken this year.
Monday, September 29, 2014
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 10:12 AM
Tuesday, September 02, 2014
- The WMS Band's ONE AND ONLY fundraiser for the year will run from September 19th to the 29th. This fundraiser is CRUCIAL since the NC General Assembly has slashed the education budget severely over the past two years. Each student is asked to be responsible for selling FOUR GoPlaySave coupon books. Each book sells for $30 and contains hundreds of coupons for the Weddington and surrounding area. All profits go directly to the WMS Band program for the purchasing of music, equipment, supplies, school owned instruments, and guest artist instruction. Donations are also accepted should parents wish their student to not participate in the coupon book fundraiser.
- 6th Grade students will be receiving their instruments on September 5th. Any student with an instrument at their house should start bringing it on the 4th.
- Practice records begin for 6th grade students on September 15th. Students record their practice time at home and turn in a signed record every three weeks. Practice records are available in the band room and can also be downloaded on this website (link is on the right under "WMS Band Documents").
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 8:36 AM
Monday, August 18, 2014
- Welcome to the 2014-2015 School Year at Weddington Middle School. Please make sure you bookmark this website and check it on a regular basis as most announcements will be made here.
- Please refer to the SUPPLY LIST for information on what to have for the school year.
- Instruments for 6th graders will not be handed out for the first two weeks to allow everyone to learn basic music theory and proper care of instruments before playing instruction begins.
- 7th and 8th Graders should bring their instruments on the THIRD day of school. They will need their folders on the SECOND day of school.
Posted by Mekel Rogers at 8:45 PM